Astilleros Astondoa S.A. (hereinafter “Astondoa”) uses its own and third-party cookies on its website www.astondoa.com for different purposes. With the aim of providing you with sufficient information to decide whether to grant or deny consent for cookies to be saved onto your browsing device, below we detail the main characteristics of these cookies and provide the necessary information for you to manage how these cookies are saved.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file that is saved on the device used to browse the website www.astondoa.es, which may be a computer, a smartphone or any other device that permits Internet browsing.
Cookies allow us to adapt our services to our users’ needs (language, screen resolution, etc.) and permit Astondoa to collect statistical information about the behaviour of the users browsing our website in order to improve the services we offer them.
TYPES OF COOKIES
There are different types of cookies, all of which work in the same way but with some small differences:
- Session Cookies. These cookies are used only for as long as the user is accessing the website and are automatically deleted when the user closes their browser. Their purpose is to identify the type of device being used, and to support the website’s security features and basic functionality. They do not contain personal information that may permit us to identify the user.
- Persistent or Permanent Cookies: These are saved on the hard drive of the user’s device and our website reads them every time the user returns to www.astondoa.com. They have a predetermined expiry date after which the cookie stops working. These cookies allow us to identify user actions and preferences, analyse the visits to our website, help us understand how users arrive at our page and help us improve our services.
- Functional Cookies: These allow www.astondoa.es to save decisions made by the user, such as login and identifier details.
The information these cookies collect is anonymous – it does not contain the user’s name, address or other personal data.
- Third-party Cookies. These cookies are saved on the user’s computer by a website that is not the one being visited; for example, those used by social networks (such as Facebook) or by external content plugins (such as Google Maps). In addition, some advertising companies use this type of file to track users’ visits to each site where they advertise.
Analytical Cookies: The purpose of these cookies is periodical maintenance and to guarantee optimum functioning and service for users by collecting data about their online activity.
By accessing and using the website www.astondoa.com, you are expressly accepting our use of this type of cookies on your devices. If you deactivate cookies, it may adversely affect your browsing experience on www.astondoa.com and some of the features on this website may not function correctly.
In order to recognise you and offer you a better service, our website uses its own cookies (small text files saved onto your browser). The advantage of accepting our use of our cookies is that you save time. Our cookies can also be used to recognise you in successive visits to our website and adapt the content we show you accordingly, to obtain information about the date and time of your last visit, measure some web-traffic parameters within the site itself, and to estimate the number of visits received so that we can focus and personalise our services and promotions more effectively.
No cookie allows us to access your telephone number, email address or any other contact information. No cookie can extract information from your hard drive or steal your personal information.
Third-party Cookies and Google Analytics Cookies
This website uses the services of Google Analytics, provided by Google, Inc., whose head office is located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States of America («Google»).
Further information is available on: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=en&gl=en.
Google has developed a plugin that you can instal on your browser if you do not want Google Analytics to use your data: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
USER SETTINGS TO MANAGE COOKIES
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, choose the Tools menu > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings. For further information visit: https://support.microsoft.com/en/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- If you are using Firefox, choose the Tools menu > Options > Privacy > Cookies. For further information visit: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/third-party-cookies-firefox-tracking-protection
- If you are using Chrome, choose the Settings menu > Advanced settings > Privacy and security. For further information visit: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- If you are using Opera, you can change your browser settings in the Settings menu > Advanced > Privacy and security. For further information visit: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- If you are using Safari, choose the Preferences menu > Security or Privacy. For further information visit: https://support.apple.com/et-ee/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
If you want to disable Google Universal Analytics, you can instal the following plugin provided by Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout